Sakura Oda (Oda Sakura) is the only member to pass the auditions for the 11th generation of Morning Musume. She is also one of its youngest members being only 17 years old. She is now a member of the group known as Morning Musume 17. Born on March 12, 1999 in Kanagawa, Oda took part in the event called Hello! Project 2012 WINTER Hello☆Pro Tengoku concerts as a background dancer. But she did not officially start her work with Morning Musume until the Hello! Project 2013 Winter Concert which came after Morning Musume’s 15th Anniversary Concert Tour.
Sakura Oda (left) is standing next to Haruka Kudo during a LIVE event. Ayumi Ishida (right) attempts to give her a kiss! How sweet!
It was on December 14, 2012 that Oda was assigned a member color. Her assigned color is lavender. Her debut single with the group was the one called Help Me!! She is now in the group working alongside Mizuki Fukumura who is the leader.
Source of images: http://www.hello-online.org.
Sakura Oda of Kanagawa, Japan and member of Morning Musume 17.
Sukura Oda of Morning Musume 17.
Sakura Oda LIVE on stage back in 2014.
Sakura Oda in a bikini during the filming of the DVD Alo! Hello! 7.
2013 saw Oda being involved in activities not having to do with singing. On April 11, 2013, she started blogging in the 10th generation members’ blog. She held a few fan club events that year. The first of these events was called Morning Musume Oda Sakura Solo Event ~Sakura no Shirabe~. This one was held on August 22nd of that year. The second such fan club event that she held was held on November 14th. She also used to be part of the unit called ODATOMO with Tomoko Kanazawa, sub-leader of idol group Juice=Juice.
In the summer of 2014, Oda took part in her first ever stage play called LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-. Her role was that of the character Sylvatica. On July 5th 2014, she held a fan club event in which she challenged herself to sing more difficult songs of Hello! Project, including an English cover of the song Let It Go. On May 27, 2016, she released her first solo photo book called Sakura Moyou. Below are some of the photos from that photo book.
Sakura Oda in a one-piece swimsuit.
Sakura Oda in bikini.
Sakura Oda: family and personal life
Oda’s parents are Tomoko and Akira. However, they are divorced. Her father Akira is a politician and he remarried a woman named Hiromi. They have one son named Taishi. Oda has an older brother named Daichi and a younger sister. She also has five pet cats. They are Taku, Nana. Kuri, Pooh, and Momo. However, Taku passed away on March 23, 2015. Nana passed away on January 5, 2017.
Sakura Oda Interesting Facts
- Her hobbies include sewing, cooking, and humming on songs.
- She is skilled in being able to do hula dances.
- Her strongest point is being able to talk to people without creating a wall between them.
- Says her weakest point is being too positive.
- Says her #1 rival is Masaki Sato.
- She looks up to several singers including Risako Sugaya (ex-Berryz Kobo).
- One of her favorite Morning Musume songs is Namidacchi.
- Her favorite color is white.
- Her favorite word is “once in a lifetime.”
- Her favorite phrase is “or so I think.”
- Her favorite foods are Matsumaezuke, jellyfish, and eggplants.
- Her favorite subjects are home economics and music.
- Her least favorite subjects are languages and English.
- Her favorite movie is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Her most treasured item is a stuffed bear that she has had since her birth.